Activity-Based Space Planning:
Benefits of an Activity-based Space Planning:
Greater engagement with all staff
- Being close to the people you work closest with, in spaces that allow you to communicate and collaborate.
More options for how you work
- Focus areas, huddle rooms, cafe seating and most importantly, a neighborhood you and your department can call home.
Less time spent in a sedentary work environment
- More options, more places to work mean less time stuck in one place.
Greater work environment flexibility
- The space allows for the choice of when, where and how to work based on the preference of the employee.
Differences between an activity-based space and a traditional office:
- More options for work environment
- Better collaboration between departments and units
- More cost effective, saving valuable space and resources to further the university mission.